Friday, May 1, 2009

Dancing on Gossamer Wings




Create, dream and inspire is what comes to my mind when I think of creating a new art project.

Here's a couple of pages from a Gothic Arch Altered book I made. I really like the image of this sweet little girl, so cute. Her arms are out and she is dancing on Gossamer wings. She looks like she doesn't have a care in the world. She takes you back to your childhood when life was just all about having fun.

I really enjoy using these colors, turquoise, brown and purple. You would not think they match but they blend together very nice. Using a flourish stamp gives your page such a whimsical feeling along the edge of the page. When I create each page I pick a theme and go from there. Then the entire book has a theme, that pulls it all together . This book theme was using wings.

Maybe today you can daydream about your childhood, memories that bring a smile to your face.

3 comments:

Marilyn Rock said...

Beautiful Blog you have! Love your art! I will visit often. Thank you for your lovely words on mine. Have a great weekend! Best to you - Marilyn

Heather Robinson said...

And to think that I can look at this sweet spread any time I wish! Am I a lucky girl or what? There is such gentleness and dreaminess about the pages.

Gina said...

Beautiful colors! Nice piece.