Sunday, May 3, 2009

Each of us has a song to sing


Here is another Journal page, I just completed. I started by adding paper napkins with gel medium to my paper. My paper is glued on to a cut out cereal box, the best surface.
I really enjoy using gel medium with the paper napkins, gives a very soft look to your background. I colored my image with watercolor crayons and used a dove blender pen.
I like using little cat eyes inks to add more color and balance the colors in my art piece.
The word quote is from Quietfire Designs, I love using Suzanne's rubber stamps.
This Journal page reminds me of spring, no more snow. Now the birds are singing and making their nests.

3 comments:

Heather Robinson said...

Oh how soft and very lovely. You've used napkins so beautifully to create a serene effect. Did you hear me sigh when I saw this journal page? Well, I did!!

Debby said...

Laura, this is really beautiful. Love the colors.
Debby

Marilyn Rock said...

Beautiful journal page! I'm finding, more and more, I'm loving the art of journaling; it's so freeing! This is beautiful - love the use of napkin!