Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Mirror of the Mind


When I look at this elegant lady she reminds me of Audrey Hepburn, a tiny bit. Such a timeless beauty, I love the movie "My Fair lady".
These Journal pages are so wonderful to create, I really enjoy creating a collage effect.
I added the little envelope, it makes you wonder "is she hiding a secret"? Maybe a love letter from her past. I like the Journal page to tell a story or send a message.
I used paper napkins, gel medium and lots of ink to paper technique.
The quote stamp is from Quietfire Designs, Suzanne Cannon is such a sweetie. I dream of owning all Suzanne's quote stamps. That is an awesome dream, don't you think?
The sun is shining, it is a brand new day with no mistakes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does look like Audrey. Can't believe you got to meet her. She was beautiful and so elegant. These are such lovely pieces .They both remind me of Audrey. The colors are so her to.
I think the plans for these should proceed.
Nancy A.

Debby said...

Hi Laura,
This is a great piece. So many beautiful things added to your blog. I had trouble getting in today, kept kicking me out, but here now. Love all your new pieces that you added. Collecting all of the quote stamps is a wonderful dream, hoping all your dreams come true.
Debby

Marilyn Rock said...

This is another beautiful piece!