Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Jay

The Jay, as you can see, is a very beautiful bird.
Jays live in woods as a rule, but a few come into parks and gardens in towns.Their voices are not nearly so beautiful as their feathers-being just a loud scream-and as soon as you go into the woods where Jays live, they screech at you, warning all the other birds you are coming.
In fact Jays are not nearly so nice as they look, for they steal other birds eggs, and sometimes kill and eat little birds as well.
Jay are also very fond of green peas.
I wanted to share this picture with you, I love birds in my art.
Enjoy.

1 comment:

Marilyn Rock said...

Thanks for sharing your bird pics! I just love birds and watching their habits. We have a robin's nest outside our living room window and it's such fun to sit and watch their activity. Have a great week ahead! I love your art so much! xxoo