Saturday, July 4, 2009

All Dressed up


I found this old postcard at our local Antique Market, the other day. You wish picture's could talk and tell their story. Notice in the top row, somebody is blocked out.
Maybe they had passed on or not very popular perhaps ??? hmmm Then what caught my eye first,was the little boys feet. I think they forgot to wash their feet for this all dressed up photo. I thought maybe it is the Mom that is missing in the photo, to look after them. I really enjoyed the way the one little boy is holding onto maybe his sister foot, so darling.
I wanted to share this old postcard with you, lots of endless possibilities using this in your art creating.
Enjoy your day.

4 comments:

Debby said...

They are all so sweet, love the old family pics.
debby

Stacey said...

Thanks for sharing! I seen a special on tv one evening about a group of collecters that actually collect only photographs that have been altered. Who would of thought? I too like the feet in the photo. :)

Marilyn Rock said...

Thanks for sharing this Laura. What a great photo postcard! It's funny; now with Photoshop, people can be actually totally taken out of a photo. Yikes! The possibilities are endless with this group's scenario. Have a great day! xxoo

Heather Robinson said...

What a beautiful photo. So much is captured in it with all of those sweet faces. I wonder what their lives were like after this was taken!! I'll look into that comment issue sometime today...sorry it's causing you so many problems. Hugs...