Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Going Zetti


Here is my trio of Zetti cards, for Marion's Zetti ATC Exchange.
Visit Marion's Blog: http://bockel24.blogspot.com/
The middle ATC is the the last one for you to see completed. The theme of this card is "Just Words and bold colors". I had a great time adding all these loud colors and statements of words.
Here is your request, my pleasure to share how I created the background for the Enchanted Souls card. I started with a surface of watercolor paper, it is a nice stiff surface to work on. Next glued a patterned paper onto the watercolor paper and add ink color to the paper in different areas. Then I used a piece of cheese cloth and colored it with purple ink. Now use your brush to cover the entire card surface with gel medium and add the stretched cheese cloth. Press the cheesecloth into the gel medium and make small tearing in the cheese cloth. Then stamp your words and cut them out. Color your words with watercolor pencils and ink edges I used a collage sheet and colored the cat person image with my watercolor pencils and more ink to paper. I found this wonderful metal photo slide at an antique store, there was only one. I hope to find more of these silver photo slides. Anyways add "first" wild plum and then denim alcohol inks with a cotton bag to the metal slide, in different area's of your metal slide. We our almost done, glue your image to the card. Then glue your metal photo slide over your image, showing the face. Lastly glue words onto the metal slide, use a pop dot to raise up the end of the word "Enchanted". Almost lastly, forgot. LOL Punch a hole and add your metal spinner. Finally add same color of alcohol inks to the metal spinner. Can you guess why I added the metal spinner, a hint to do with "destiny" ?
I don't think I forgot anything, let me know if you have any questions. I am so pleased you like this card. It is my favorite too, I love the cat human face "really cool".
I hope to get these ATC cards in the snail mail tomorrow, they have a long way to travel "destination "Germany".
Soon in very "Talented" Marion's artful creative hands.
Happy Creating.

7 comments:

Marilyn Rock said...

Wonderful ATC's for Marion's Zetti swap - how fun! Thank you for sharing your creative process, too!

bockel24 said...

Thanks for your oh so kind words about me, Laura :-) You´ll be surprised how fast they´ll fly to Germany! (you´ll wish to send all your artwork to Germany from now on just to see how fast it goes there - what´s the symbol for evil grin, please?)

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Your cards look great!

Char said...

These Zetti ATCs are wonderful. Each one is fab.

Martina2801 said...

Your Zetti's look fantastic! I am so glad I am playing along in Marion's swap too :)_

katrin said...

laura - your zetti's looks simply GREAT and PERFECT. love the ide with the metall rim tag. :-)

Martina2801 said...

Hi Laura,
this morning here are arrived three wonderful ATC`s. And one of them was yours.

Thank you for that. It pleased me very much and it is very nicely done. So creative !

Maybe the next time we come back together at Marion`s swap.

Many greetings from Germany
Hugs

MARTINA

P.S. Sorry for my bad english