Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Encaustic Collage Weekend Getaway





























I wanted to share my weekend away with my very dear friend, Heather Robinson.
The both us attended a Encaustic Collage weekend class. We left last Friday and returned on the Sunday night. The amazing teacher that offered the class was Andrea Bird. I learned so much from Andrea and I would strongly recommend this "fabulous" class. I loved beeswax's before but now just crazy over Encaustic meduim. The class was just a nice size, not too many students. We loved the Southhampton Art School, really a pleasure. These are all the art piece's I created while taking Andrea's class. I have never had such fun, loved every moment. I was scared of the blow torch at first but quickly got over that fear. Heather and I made the best memories. I will cherish every "awesome" moment together. I had to pinch myself, I had such a marvelous time.







6 comments:

Tolegranny said...

They are just lovely and so many. You did a great job Laura. When are you coming to teach me? hahaha

Dezinaworld said...

Fantastic piccy of you and heather and amazing art work too. I am a big fan and user of encaustics. I love making collage with encaustics and you have made me so jealous lol as i havent had much time to play lately
Great art though !!!
Hugs June

Trudi Sissons said...

Laura - Hi ! Oh - I'm so glad (and not the least surprised) you had a fabulous weekend. I love the photo of you and Heather - I'm going to have to take a copy to have in my studio. Your work is gorgeous - I'm particularly attracted to the one with the golds and blues and lavenders...dripping with wax!
Welcome back to blogville!

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Oh how lovely! I would love to learn how. Where is this at? Or does the teacher have a schedule?

Heather Robinson said...

Your pieces are just so gorgeous dear Laura! It's so nice to see that you've shared them because they are truly are spectacular. I just feel so honoured to have had this time with you. I'm still trying to digest everything that we learned. Big hugs....

bockel24 said...

you make me jealous and envious!