Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Glitz And Glamour


Last night I created this Journal page, it took about 4 hours to complete. I love all the coloring and adding details. I just noticed after uploading the page, I need to outline the images with black pencil crayon. Don't you just love these wonderful quotes, from Artchix.
When I purchase this image, I immediately thought the face looked like someone I knew? I have added a lot more make up then she wears but Butterfly showgirl reminds me of my talented dear friend "Shannon Sawyer". She has such a pretty face, like this showgirl.
I could not fit all the Butterfly showgirl hair on the scanner, some of her big hair is missing. LOL !!! I just love big hair and glamour.
Happy Creating.

5 comments:

Shannon Sawyer said...

Ahhhhh, I'm so touched. That was so, so sweet of you. Too bad I don't have her figure.

I love these girls!!! I think these are amoung some of my most favorites of your work thus far. This is in a Art Journal huh? I've been working on one of those myself lately. It's kind of my first official Art Journal.

These two girls are just awesome, I truly do love them. And thank you again Laura for your kindness. I'll take a compliment like that any day of the week. If I only look like 10% of this Glitz/Glamour girl then I'm doing pretty well.

Hugs!!

Tolegranny said...

whoooowho Laura....they are awesome. You are definitely on a roll sweetpea. They are our dream girls.

Martina2801 said...

Wow - Laura, your journal page with the glamour girls is so powerful, moving, beautifull and unique. It's always a pleasure to visit and to see what you've been creating.

Michele said...

Beautiful page! Love the whole showgirl thing,So pretty. Great background, and embellishments too!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

I absolutely love this art piece, Laura...it is stunning. You have created a fabulous page here...I can imagine what the entire journal would be like...gorgeous.