Monday, November 30, 2009

The Window To The Soul

Finally I was able to sit at my desk and create. It feels like a second chance has been given to me, a new beginning. I am not all better yet but getting there. I am getting my strength back slowly, I might try going for my daily walk tomorrow, maybe? Anyways I am glad to be back creating, I have missed it so much. This Art Paper Doll I have created tonight and had so much fun. The doll parts are my favorite Character Constructions by talented Catherine Moore. I tried to challenge myself to use some new colors on the face and body. I used earth tones and a silver blue color. I was never fond of earth tones before, never say never.
Keep Well and happy creating.

9 comments:

Marilyn Rock said...

Woohoo!!!!! You're back; I'm SO happy you are feeling better and were able to create! I love this piece; I really like how the face is peeking through the window there! Keep on healing Laura! You've been missed! Love - Marilyn xxoo

Babsarella said...

Laura, glad to know you are feeling better. Love the beautiful doll and the great combination of Character Constructions stamps.

Martina2801 said...

Laura, this piece is just brilliant, fantastic, totally awesome, wow, what more can I say. Love it.

Tolegranny said...

Oh...Laura it's so nice to see you back creating again. You have been missed...I was suffering from withdrawl.
http://www.romancingtheartistwithin.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

Yeah, my friend is almost feeling human again. I miss seeing your creative dolls. But boy o' boy did you make up for the absence. This "Window to the Soul" doll is so great. I do believe I have a new favorite. The whole idea itself is so clever. Just love it.

You're incredibly talented and I adore your art dolls and you too. Keep getting all better. Your creative artworks will help you to feel normal again.

Hugs to you and Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Mundo Mundaca said...

So beautiful your work.Congratulations!
hugs
yasmin

Birgit said...

What a title for this beautiful paperdoll!
I've read that you were very ill, Laura. H1N1. How awful. How nice to see and read that you feel better now.
Have a wonderful advent.
xoxo Birgit

Heather Robinson said...

Oh how I've missed you! It's like there's been a great big hole in my world that is usually filled by sweet you. I'm so glad that you are feeling better and that you actually felt like creating. This doll is amazing as is the message. After all, I know the soul behind those beautiful eyes of yours!! Hugs...

Barbara DeLisle said...

Love all your paper dolls.
Barbara DeLisle