Saturday, January 9, 2010

Big Dream

The art challenge is to make something your own and different.
I just received these striped legs a few days ago in the snail mail,they are so wild.(I just love them) The big bows on the tops of the legs, they are so funky. I just adore stripes this year added to my art work. All the above doll parts are from the Catherine Moore "awesome" Character Constructions art stamp collections. What I enjoy about the clear stamp collection. When you are starting to get your creative ideas because the stamp are clear. Your can over lap them before you stamp them out to see the size and if those dolls parts will fit together well. All the doll parts worked together, to create different themed art paper dolls. You can count on all your art paper doll creations being so unique. I never get bored it is like getting a new set of stamps to play with each time you create. I used this really cool locket face stamp for this paper doll. I want something really "out of the box" and this face gives this look for sure. I hope you go to bed and have big dreams of creating art paper dolls. This is a sweet dream !!!!
Happy creating......

16 comments:

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura! Beauteous! I understand what you're saying about the clear stamps; great tip! You are amazing with these art dolls; love this one, too! Love ya - Marilyn xxoo

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

When I first saw her it hit me how Cat like she seems. Both of us being cat lovers-maybe I just have cats on my (lap) and mind.lol
Love her -you never let me down. That imagination of your never fails to jump start crazy ideas in my head. Thank you dear Laura for another creative jump start to my morning.

bockel24 said...

the more I look at Catherine´s new stamps, the more I know I´ll need some of them, sigh ... and your dolls always support those ideas! Your recent creations are just fabulous!

Sharon said...

You make paper dolls so fun. I wish I had more time to play paper dolls.

whymsicalmusings said...

WOW I had to come see her. She is FABULOUS!!! Wish I had art doll talent alas I do believe that bus left the station without me.
XXXX
Becky

Martina2801 said...

Your paper dolls are simply fantastic, dear Laura. I admire your work. But I afraid I can not. It looks very difficult. (Please excuse my bad English :-))
Cheers
MARTINA

Patricia Chapman said...

I'm so glad I found your GORGEOUS blog. Your doll creations are so amazing and wonderful...I'm gonna have such fun following you! Thanks for looking at my blog too.

Rella said...

Here I am dear Laura!!! and this time I remembered to hit 'follow'
Well, now this last paper doll is over the top and outside the box all at once. Let's play!!!!!!

xox Rella

theresa martin said...

Stripes are cool! Love Catherine's stamps.
Thanks for coming by and leaving a nice comment.

An Altered Life said...

Now it's my turn Laura. I am so glad we found each other :) Your dolls are so special, I want to live in their world!

*jean* said...

o your dolls are wonderful! so many incredible details!

Gaby Bee said...

I always love coming here to see what you are creating. This doll is simply wonderful... as all your art dolls! Love all the little details!

Tammy said...

How fun! I love your new dolls. Very cool.

Lori Saul said...

What beautiful doll creations- so wonderful in form and color- just enchanting work- I look forward to seeing more!!

Faye said...

Laura, your work is amazing. Gorgeous colors and such creativity! Your work with paper dolls is awesome. I so much enjoyed browsing through your blog.

CathWren said...

I'm always so delighted to see that you have added new art to your Blog gallery Laura! You never fail to surprise and delight me with your clever interpretations. Merci mon amie! (I'm practicing my French because I am dreaming of Paris today)