Friday, January 15, 2010

Mannequin Cafe

Creating art work is such a magical feeling and is so good for your soul.
I am excited posting this art paper doll tonight. She is from Character Constructions sweet new collection of art stamps.The Mannequin Cafe is a marriage of Catherine Moore's love of all things french, facination with macarons and Paris patitisseries and of course mannequins and fashion.
When I create my art dolls, this one for example. I use watercolor pencil crayons along with a dove blender pen. I like to ink around my image edges with matching ink color. I mention my coloring technique because you were curious to know. I was asked awhile back to share this technique information. It is always so wonderful to have new stamps to create with. The first time is so special, I can use my different CC stamp plates over and over again. I love coming up with new paper doll theme's. This funky fairy is spreading her fairy dust of happiness.
The new Mannequin Cafe paper doll collection "Rocks"
Happy Creating.

13 comments:

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

Laura, Girl I truly do not know where you create from. It is a well of fantastic images. Every time I see your dolls it just sparks my imagination.
She is a great doll. I just keep finding things you have added that are great and to the MooN!

Julie Fillo said...

Beautiful, Laura!

bockel24 said...

Beautiful again - I can´t wait to get my hands on some of those new stamps!

Marilyn Rock said...

Beautiful Laura! I adore this! Thanks for sharing your coloring technique with us, too. There is so much detail with this doll! I think you're the one with the magical fairy dust - you are very talented! But; I knew that! xxoo

Martina2801 said...

Laura, I love the sort of artwork and the whole combination. Beautifully done, and very artistic as well! Wow !!!

Becca Holso said...

Love it!!

joy said...

Another fantastic paper doll, Laura!

katy said...

Laura I totally agree, Art does feed the soul and what I do love is that when I'm feeling a creative low I can visit somewhere like your blog and feel inspired :) Thank you for sharing, another fabulous doll, Katy x

Julia said...

First visit here, I think ? :) and I am in awe with all that beautiful dolls!!You're a very creative lady!

Christy Laudig said...

Laura...the colors are fantastic...and I really like the pants on this one. Great stamps...and great compilation of all the parts. The spinner really makes it fun.

CathWren said...

She looks beautiful Laura, and what are those interesting little metal embellishments you used? They look like compasses.

Tolegranny said...

You know Laura, I'm a supporter of your dolls. Too cute, that is why I have to follow your lead with your encouragement. Hugs

Debby said...

HI Laura,
I am loving your art doll. Spectacular!! I see you got busy immediately with the new stamps.
Love it.
Debby