Wednesday, January 27, 2010

She Channels Inner Warhol

All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no -mind, from inner stillness.
I got up early this morning and sat at my art desk while watching the movie Marie Antoinette. This movie is so artful ,the costumes gave me inspiration for colors used for this art doll I created. In the movie I love the pink hair, totally cool shoes and frou-frou dresses Kirsten Dunst is styling in this top favorite movie. My dolls parts are from Character Constructions and don't you love these striped legs.
Imagine this is the ill-fated child princess who married King Louis XVI.
Such scandal ..... "Let them eat cake!"

6 comments:

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

Changed my favorite. Laura you are really rolling. Your dolls are better than ever. I think you have been holding back on us. I think we are just starting to get a peak at the REAl Laura.lol This doll is just to the moon and circling round the stars-totally love her!!!!

bockel24 said...

fantastic!

Tolegranny said...

You have such a great imagination. I love it.

The Muse said...

...she cast a glance...
in her fancy lined pants...

...she fluffed up her fru...
for that's what royal ladies do...

...they eyed her hair...
in revolutionary despair...

AND... we know the rest of the story!

Don't we?

Marilyn Rock said...

Well my friend; another favorite indeed! This is fantastic and each of your dolls reflects the love you have for creating them! WOW! xxoo

CathWren said...

You have a unique perspective Laura, and it's really lively and fun-loving. I always forget to zoom in and this morning I am glad that I remembered, she's fabulous and there so many little details to behold.

Have a spectacular week.

XoXo