Friday, February 26, 2010

Once She Grows Up



I sometimes give myself a personal art challenge using Character Constructions art stamps. I pick out different stamps from the collection and set them out on my desk. Then I come up with a theme to create a unique art doll. I like tearing along the edges of the fairy wings for a different whimiscal look. I really enjoy this quote that I added to my paper doll body. The reason why is children don't give a lot of thought when creating. They just do it !!!!
Happy Creating.

9 comments:

Meri Wiley said...

Hi Laura,

What a zany character.....so cool! I think you're having too much fun over there.

Hugs,
Meri

Debby said...

Amazing!!!!

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

I did a close up so I could see all the extra things you added to bring her to life. That is a fun way to create choosing the stamps and then getting the story together. As always a doll from the zany mind of Laura-love her.

Healing Woman said...

Laura, her wings are so gossimer looking and lovely.

Martina2801 said...

Laura, this piece is so creative and wonderful. I truly enjoy seeing what you create!
Your imagination is endless!

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura Sweet! This is awesome! xxoo

Tolegranny said...

Just getting to love dolls more and more. It's all your fault.

thekathrynwheel said...

Yes, yes, this is so true! I love this creation, especially the figure in a jar for a hat :-) Fabtastic!

CathWren said...

What a clever art challenge, and unique little characters evolve.