Friday, February 19, 2010

Pretty Little Feather

Light as a feather.
What a challenge to create this tiny matchbox art paper doll. I had started her last night and had to take a break. Sometimes that really helps me and step away when it is not coming together. Then come back with a fresh new start and go at it again. It is so much more difficult to create tiny art piece's. I have never created a matchbox doll this teeny tiny. I was pleased able to use my punch on her little arms to make them moveable, she is from Character Constructions art stamp collection. The micro brads look huge on her corset, that is how tiny she is. They gave her a funky look like the singer Madonna the material girl. LOL
Happy Creating.

16 comments:

The Muse said...

she's a bit of fluff & feather...
she defied the winter weather...
a teeny tiny little thing...
with brass bosoms and a ring...
she presented all her moves...
and was flying in the groove...
Just Vouge!
lol
oh what your creations do to my spirit! lol

Julie said...

She's fabulous! All your efforts were worth it--what a wonderful creation!

thekathrynwheel said...

Cuuuute! Love it. it's so tiny! Kate x

Meri Wiley said...

Hi Laura,

What a sweet little feather. You better hold on tight to her, or she may just fly away,

Hugs,
Meri

Debby said...

She is beautiful, Laura!
Debby

Marjolein said...

Wow, she is just great!!

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

A lovely bit of fluff this morning. You should have put something next to her so her size is compared. She is tiny if this is a regular tiny matchbook.
A lovely little thought or two she is. That hat-it is funky. And is that an eye on her tummy? Love the whole outfit.

Sherry said...

What a fabulous little creation! I think I'd find working on something this small a real challenge. I think the brass brads add....character to her! LOL

Tolegranny said...

Love, love love it Laura.

Holly Loves Art said...

She's just adorable Laura! You did a beautiful job working on such a teeny subject. Hope you're having a great weekend!
Holly

Ann said...

awesome piece! you have really inspired me to think outside the box more when it comes to paper art dolls! thank you!!!!

Marilyn Rock said...

Good things come in small packages :) This is wonderful! She is SO sweet! Love this creation! Love ya - Marilyn xxoo

Aimeslee said...

She's very sweet, Laura. Matchbox shrines are challenging but fun. Thanks so much for your kind comments on my AD homepage art. :-)) xoxo

Couture de Papier said...

I love your artwork you inspired me so much when I first came online!

Ms. Givens said...

When I was in elementary I would make tiny little paper dolls and keep them in my desk like imaginary friends. That is what she reminds me of. :)

violette said...

wow...she's lovely! I love all the texture and whimsy you have added.

Love, Violette