Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Spread Your Wings And Fly

Color outside the lines,the best advise for an artist.
I started this grunge art piece awhile back and never finished it. I have had it sitting on my desk and for some reason tonight felt time to finish it. I had used gel medium, watered down gesso, sandpaper, applied different colors of ink all over the images and my watercolor pencil crayons. It is fun to use recycled items when creating your art work. I found the piece of wire in the farm metal scrap pile and the metal buttons in an old building in the summer time. The background surface is a piece of corrigated paper and I removed the top layer of paper. It is fun to recycle and re-use if you can in your art work.
Happy Creating.

16 comments:

thekathrynwheel said...

Oooh she's lovely, I really like this! The recycled items work so well. But tell me, what do you use watered down gesso for? Lovely colours as always :-) Kate

Gaby Bee said...

Wow Laura, this is absolutely stunning! Love it!

Debby said...

Laura, I adore your new piece, totally awesome.
debby

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

I love her. The dress looks like cloth.She is a Laura Doll. She flies for sure.

Julie said...

Hi Laura! Don't know why I haven't found you before, but I have now! Love your beautiful work--just fabulous! I'll be back often to check on your newest creations! Have a wonderful day!

Tolegranny said...

Too cute Laura.

julie mitchell said...

Lovely...Thanks for the encouragement to work outside the lines...There are times when I have to put aside a figure because my muse departs for a bit and I'm forced to look at it in a different way. A little distance helps.
enjoy..

The Muse said...

she was not fettered...
tied down by man-made strings...
this creative inspiration....
was given heavenly wings :)

another keeper :) :) i believe!

Peggy B said...

I love the grunge, altered, recycled look!!! And I bet no one can tell you why! lol
I am curious to know how large it is.....please make more!!!!! lol

Marilyn Rock said...

WOWSA! I adore this piece Laura! Love the colors and the corrugated back piece is marvelous! You are amazing! Hope you're feeling better. xxoo Marilyn

Meri Wiley said...

Hi Laura,

I love that piece, it's so artsy and yet so simple! Great job, and yea it's finally done!

Hugs,
Meri

nancy Gene Armstrong said...

I hope we see more of this style before you move on. It is truly an artistic piece. The cardboard is funky and the extra pieces you added are grunge great.

裕瑤 said...

耐心是一切聰明才智的基礎。 ..................................................

Martina2801 said...

Laura, your recycled creation is unique and magnificent!!!! Beautiful!
I`m blown away!
Wish you a nice weekend.

MARTINA xxx

carylsrealm said...

She's beautiful!

Ann said...

beautiful piece! thanks for sharing.