Monday, February 22, 2010

What I Live For

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
This art doll has her arms extended outward, she is embracing all the wonders surrounding her.
I enjoy using the colors of the ocean in my art work. Then added in some bright colors for a good contrast, I love pink hair. The arms, boots ,head, shirt are from Catherine Moore's, Character Constructions art stamp collection. I cut out a skirt shape from card stock and colored it to look similiar to plaid fabric. The inspiration for this art paper doll I created came from my thoughts of live your life to the fullest.
Happy Creating.

7 comments:

Babsarella said...

What an especially lovely doll. I adore the tattered lace on her skirt and the cool compass. You always have the most unique and incredible accents!!!

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

You give all your dolls such life-I enjoy seeing how you express their feelings- exploding off the page.
I don't think I have the same collection from Character Constructions as you do? lol I need to ask Catherine for this line.lol
I love her butterfly on her leg. Sweet.Always such fun. I always have to keep looking at all the extras you add. FABulous as always.Now for another look...
Stampington FB has a write up about this line.

Meri Wiley said...

Hi Laura,

I love the blue in this one, very pretty, and very reminicent of the ocean. I wish I had more of Catherines stamps, but I just can't afford them, her lines are awesome. I have two of them, and used them to death about 3 years ago. Maybe I can get them back out and try something different.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Hugs,
Meri

Debby said...

She is really awesome! Beautiful work Laura.
Debby

Marilyn Rock said...

Beauteous! Love the lace on her skirt! xxoo Marilyn

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your doll art is so beautiful, Laura...I especially love this one. Thank you for the note. Glad you liked your OWOH gift.
Hugs,Gayle.

CathWren said...

I love the pink hair. If only we could do all the fun things our dolls get to do.

I think Nancy Gene is right, you have a completely different collection than I ever imagined. Visionary art dolls.

XoXoXo