Saturday, March 13, 2010

Be In A Dream

The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment you are between sleep and awake, when your don't know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just one moment your feel your entire soul that the dream's reality, and it really happened.
The theme for this art paper doll was very dreamy. I tried to add different dream elements, to this funky gal. She must release the capture Blue Fairy to make all her dream come true, when she feels it is time .
Don't you find sometimes you get into using colors that work and can't stop using them. lol I am enjoy the cheery color combinations of purple and lime green. The main doll body parts are from Character Constructions, I really like this art stamp face. She looks like she is so distant and in great thought. I used a CC parsol for part of her upper body. The lace I added behind the parsol, made it stand out more. My reasons for adding lace, is it gives a vintage feeling to your art piece.
I can never have enough butterflies in my art work or must have some kind of wings if you notice.
Dream big.

13 comments:

Ann said...

beautiful piece! I have that same fairy stamp..never would have thought to use it on a paperdoll ..loooks fabulous!

Debby said...

She is very dreamy!!! Beautiful Laura.
debby

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

WOWWEEEEEE! That Laura is a dreamer for sure and I love to drop by for a look inside those dreams. When I leave it is all I can do to contain the creative thoughts she puts out.
Way to go...I am off to create a little dream myself.Thank you!

Tolegranny said...

Thanks for commenting on my latest dolls Laura. Of you are my teacher. Great doll. Lots going on on that doll. Love it.

Healing Woman said...

I really like the clock you added. I love anything that shows time; past present and future. Clocks seem to hint at that to me. She seems to be contemplating all time.
She is intriguing. Great job!

Meri Wiley said...

Hey Laura,

There is definately a lot going on with that doll! Lot's to look at!

Hugs,
Meri

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

I LOVE lime green and purple together, they are my two all time favorite colors, and this doll is my new favorite of your work- she is gorgeous with her lace and butterflies and all the other elements you packed in. I just love her!

Marilyn Rock said...

She is awesome! Love your dreams so they can come to reality with your art!!! Beautiful! xxoo

PiecesofD said...

Wow...I really enjoyed looking through your posts... Your artwork is gorgeous and funky... I love it. Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog list.

Ms. Givens said...

One of my favorites!

Dianne said...

Hi Laura... Thanks for the comments about my goddess. I did a search on the site for goddess and one for fantasy. Can't remember which one I found her in. If you send me your email address, I'll send her to you. piecesofd@ymail.com
Dianne

Marjolein said...

I love this Laura, great colors, and I love the lacy pieces at her shoes!

Trudi Sissons - Two Dresses Studio said...

Gorgeous!! I haven't been by to visit your blog for ages - I was away and then had computer nightmares. Luckily, all is back to almost normal!
You are the queen of construction dolls Laura!