Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Don't Wake The Sleeping Gryphon

What would you think about having a pet Gryphon, this fairy called "Your Wings" does. She takes her pet Gryphon everywhere she travels. He can fly but when entering into homes to do her fairy duties he goes in his personal pet carrier. You see sometimes different ladies at the mall with their tiny lap dogs in their pet strollers and carrier's. A Gryphon is a creature with the head of an eagle, from the fantasy story "Alice in Wonderland". I have been trying to add something Alice in Wonderland related to my art work, in a count down for the new movie's release coming soon. The main doll parts I used to create this art doll are from amazing Character Constructions.
Not long to see actor Johnny Depp who plays the Mad Hatter, in what will be a huge movie hit.
Happy Creating.

14 comments:

Meri Wiley said...

Wow Laura,

Do you ever sleep? You sure keep busy! Another awesome paperdoll.

Hugs,
Meri

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

Love the tale...It might be fun to have one as a pet.lol
She is truly a fun fairy with lots of adventure around her. Now this is the Laura's work that I have grown to love. Dream away...and create

Heavens2Betsy said...

This is amazing Laura. I love it! I'm desperate to see the movie too.
Http://Heavens2betsy-creativeoverflow.blogspot.com/

Tolegranny said...

No Laura doesn't sleep, she is wondering around with Alice anxiously looking for that Mad Hatter.

Debby said...

Brilliant!!! This is really great Laura!
debby

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

This is so neat, I love the cage with the Gryphon and how all the elements fit with the Alice story- just wonderful!

Healing Woman said...

I love your charming characters. Maybe you should write a book featuring them!

Martina2801 said...

Your piece is beyond gorgeous, Laura! It takes my breath away!
Fantastic piece of art!
(I look forward to the movie! Running in Germany since today:-))

Shannon said...

Hi Laura, long no talk. I hope all is well with you. I see you are keeping busy with those art dolls of yours. I don't know how you do it? How do you make a different and wonderful new doll almost every day? You're amazing and I adore all your art dolls.

peggy gatto said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this, charming!!!

Amy said...

gorgeous details..WOW!

cmoh said...

As always stunning and oh so creative...less than 24 hours till you get to see the movie!

Thanks for joining us at One Powerful Hour this week...

and don't be late :)

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura; this is amazing! Love the take on the pet Gryphon! I, too, am anxious to see the movie Alice in Wonderland; think we're going this coming week. woohoo! Here we come Johnny Depp!

I just got my computer back so I'm trying to catch up. Love ya - Marilyn xxoo

CathWren said...

Even though I have not yet seen the movie, I think it would be fun to add a pig (like the one the queen wants to use for a foot rest). Helena Bonham Carter has always been a favorite of mine and I love that she is able to play such an unglamorous role. She was so beautiful (though bad) in Wings of the Dove. One of my favorite Henry James novels, and movies (for the scenes of Venice). Can't wait to see Alice in Wonderland. Your paperdoll is magical.