Friday, March 26, 2010

I Feel The Enjoyment Of Life


The inspiration for the theme of this art doll comes from all the lovely trees, that grow along our country road. I enjoy looking at them and all the birds on my daily walk. The other elements I have included are just for fun. Perhaps this funky gal is dreaming of "Castles in the sky"? Then watch out !! Her naughty kitty cat is thinking of stealing eggs from the nest upon her head and ending her lovely daydream suddenly.. hahaha Oh her story could go on and on forever...
I just love creating with these striped legged stocking from Character Constructions, they go with every art doll theme.
Wishing you a marvelous weekend.

9 comments:

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

I love trees and combining the doll and trees is enjoyable. I love the cat-and of all things a butterfly on his tail.ha ha I have made it a point to blow each doll up so I can catch the details.I do enjoy the tale you weave with each design. Lovely Laura-never change..your spirit always shows through your creations.

Healing Woman said...

She's really a cutie Laura. My favorite part about her is the castle (house) on top of her head. I see her on her walk but also see the house on the head as being symbolic. I constantly think about my own home, Woodloft. I love being here. I love the memories created here, and I love working in my studio, garden and kitchen. I'm sure you feel that way about your own environment-I can tell by the love of nature that you bestow on your art dolls.

Good weekend thoughts,
Cheryl

Marilyn Rock said...

Trees offer us so much don't they Laura. Love this art doll and, again, it comes to life with your story! Beautiful! xxoo

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Yes, stripey legs always make me smile, and when I saw the cat with the buterfly, I laughed out loud! As always, I love the way you incorporated all the elements to this piece.

Dianne said...

I love your art dolls! This one shows such fun and whimsy and a love of nature... She's delightful.

Tolegranny said...

Very cute Laura. I don't know where you get the stories for these dolls. Somewhere deep inside is a story teller. Great doll.

TonyaA said...

Cute paper dolls!
Blessings and love,
Tonya

Dezinaworld said...

Fab art doll Laura, she definitely looks to be contemplating spring to me :)
Hugs June xxxx

Eva said...

Very clever. She has the world on her head, and dancing in mid air. Maybe she's in love!