Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Purpose And Power

With her arms extended because she is ready to spread her wings. She stands for purpose and power.
It was a bit of a challenge creating this art doll tonight. I used a lot of different stamped images, so lots of cutting. You have to enjoy cutting out stamped images very much to create art dolls. Luckily I love cutting out things, so it is no biggie to me. I really enjoy the story that relates to women's body with wings, on the sunflower of this art dolls body. She is called Chuang -Tzu, she is a Character Constructions art stamp. I would like to share her story with you.
Taoist mythology preserves the story of sage Chuang-Tzu who was unsure whether she was a women who dreamed one night that she was a butterfly, or a butterfly now dreaming it was a women.
I found this story so interesting and what is the answer to her beautiful dream ?
When I looked at the image of Chuang-Tzu the first time. She whispered the thoughts of purpose and power to my mind.
Happy Creating.

11 comments:

Healing Woman said...

Laura,

What a powerful paper art doll you have created this time. I truly loved the story and thought behind her. Yes, if you played "paper dolls" as a child, cutting out all those intricate details is easy, I agree.

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

This doll does have purpose and power. She has her wings but stays for purpose and finds her power..I just love waking up to your creations. It starts my creative thoughts going wild.
Got a nice girl on my work desk...Maybe I need to add a butterfly to her..

Tolegranny said...

I truly love this doll Laura. I love the way you put a story to them too. I can feel your power in what you create.

Meri Wiley said...

Hi Laura,

I'm lovin' the boots on this one! Great job.

I enjoy cutting out, too, it's somehow theraputic........crazy, no?

Hugs,
Meri

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Oh, thank you so much for sharing that wonderful story it makes her even more beautiful and complete. And as always, I love the way you incorporate butterflies into your pieces!

Debby said...

She sure does, another wonderful paper doll.
Debby

Marilyn Rock said...

This is a beautiful art doll Laura; lots of work and detail but worth it. Fabulous results; oh she's ready to soar! Love ya - Marilyn xxoo

Ms. Givens said...

Her green boots are so cute!

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

Laura, I just finished a lovely doll. I took it to show my husband. I told him I added a" Little Laura" to it. A bee and neat hat extra bows. Lol you inspire me to add a little zing to my ladies. Thank you.

thekathrynwheel said...

Oh, she is fab. I want a pair of boots like that! Kate x

Martina2801 said...

Dear Laura, you never stop amazing me :) This paper art doll is simply stunning!! You´re a great artist (but I knew that:-))
Wish you a wonderful weekend.
Cheers
MARTINA :-)