Wednesday, March 31, 2010

She's So Sharon

"I'll never try to fit in; I was born to stand out"
I chose this quote to define the attitude of this funky gal, she is so quirky.
The head, arms, legs, and coolest shoes are from a collage sheet created by talented Sharon Tomlinson at All Norah's Art blog. Now you can guess why she is called "She's So Sharon".
I colored all the images with my watercolor pencils to match the cupcake colors and inked all the project edges. The arrow on the swan points to her life direction, this gal knows her mind.
I also wanted to share how honoured I am to be Marilyn Rock's featured April Guest Artist on her amazing blog. Thank you Marilyn for such a wonderful opportunity, I am so thankful for your kind friendship.
If you want to take a peek at the Interview there is the link.
Happy creating.




17 comments:

Healing Woman said...

Sharon may be my favorite one yet! Love the rotund body and I really love those heels!

Dianne said...

Love her and her funky shoes. Is that a dragonfly on her knee?

Jennifer Conway said...

Love everything about this gal, especially those legs!

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura; now this is what I'm talkin' about! See what you do with these art dolls? Another brought to life in such a creative and meaningful way. I ADORE her! Love you - Marilyn xxoo

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

She's so Laura-ha ha Laura you put so much fun and life in all your girls.Love her funky look.Yes she is the sister to the one I have.How lucky I am to look around my art room at a Laura creation.
The interview is good . I am so happy Marilyn Rock picked you for the interview on her log.

Tolegranny said...

Another winner Laura. She is wonderful. Just love her.

Ms. Givens said...

Love the cupcake hat.

Debby said...

Sharon is fabulous. Loved your interview..YEAH!!!!
Debby

sharon said...

I am soooo glad I found you, and we have the lovely Marilyn to thank! Your work is incredible, and filled with intensity!
And, I really happen to like this girls name!

Debbie said...

Your doll is adorable! I'm glad I found you through Marilyn's blog.

The Artful Paper Doll said...

Hi Laura,

I love everything about this whimsical gal. She is funky fun, colorful and inspiring to look at.

Congratulations on your interview :) Wishing you and yours a pleasant holiday Easter weekend.

Cheers! =D
~Kitty Kellie

thekathrynwheel said...

Oh, the detail on your art dolls is amazing :-) Lovely work, as always. Congrats on the interview - off to read it now. Kate x

teddy bears Marin to Venice said...

Il tuo BLOG รจ BELLISSIMO !!!!!!!!!!!

Rosarita

Martina2801 said...

OMG, Laura - This is so fantastic!! I have no words enough to say how I love this!

I wish you and your family a happy, happy Easter.

Cheers
MARTINA :-)

Paben said...

Awesome and artistic dolls!I need to check out more art blogs,but circumstances have slowed me down this year!I have no outlet or Etsey,Just do it for the fun of it!lol!Keeps me out of Trouble!Glad you checked out my Blog so I could find yours!

In the Light of the Moon said...

She is a true one of a kind!!Where can I find a pair of those heels..Hugs-Cat

Sharon said...

Hi Laura, She's So Sharon really really is. If you could see me now, I feel like I have a cupcake body. I should say I look like it to. haha
Love her, she is great.