Saturday, March 20, 2010

Wonderland Aventures




'Drink Me!'
Join 'Gothic' Alice on the biggest adventure of her life as she learns that anything is possible... and dreams really do come true.
Mauve, teal green, and burgandy were the acrylic paint colors I used to created the Gothic Arch background. I then stamped various images with black ink, for a whimsical look. I really enjoy using a white pen in my art work, stands out well.
Since I have seen Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, I have been made aware again of my true appreciation of this incredible children's fairytale. I will never grow tired of including Alice in my artwork, so many ideas are in my imagination.
P.S. I had a new art idea for something else to add to Alice, I will re post her later. More to come....
My imagination never stops.
Happy Creating.

7 comments:

thekathrynwheel said...

Ooooooooh FANTASTICO! I love a touch of the gothic and this is brilliant :-) Kate

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Oh this is incredible!!! I love how you arranged her arms and legs- such a cool perspective, and also,\; I'm LOVING the eyelashes you've done on the last couple of pieces- fabulous!

Marilyn Rock said...

Love how you are including "Alice" in your art! This is awesome! xxoo

Dianne said...

I love your creations! They are always so whimsical and colorful... Love this Alice and her eyelashes...

Healing Woman said...

This is probably the most imaginative piece I have seen of yours. I love your use of clocks representing time lags, lapses and anything to do with being lost in Wonderland. She looks like a vortex has pulled her into a new world.
Very wonderful.

Tolegranny said...

This is so cute. It made me smile this morning. I need that. Thanks for wonderful inspiration. thanks for the phone call too.

Christy Laudig said...

Laura I LOVE Love love this piece! You've out-done yourself. I think this is one of my favorite pieces. Very whimsical and the colors are devine together. Thanks for sharing your lovely confections!