Friday, April 9, 2010

Dreams Come True



Special Moments

Dreams are like stars, you may never touch them, but if you follow them they will lead to your destiny.
One of my dreams came true this week, I got to visit a very dear friend Heather Robinson. We do not live that far apart from each other but life gets so busy. I was inspired by our wonderful visit to create this themed art paper doll. I just love using these Character Constructions Ballet shoes, they add such a whimsical touch.
I also added little hints of Paris, another dream. Better yet dreaming bigger, attending an art workshop in Paris.... What do you think,what a blast that would be !!! LOL
Anyways back from dreamland, hahaha. I had the nicest day with Heather and wanted to share with you. I know a lot of you fellow artists are great friends with Heather. She is such a darling person and so talented. So nice to have a friend that enjoys the same passion for Mixed Media Art.
The artist's coupon I have included, is to make your dreams come true...
Happy creating.

9 comments:

Debby said...

Ah!!!! What a beautiful post Laura. Love your new paper doll and you are so lucky to have hooked up with Heather. Is is such a sweet and special person.
Debby

Healing Woman said...

Bonjour! When do we leave for Paris? Love the idea behind this adorable doll. She's holding onto her ticket pretty tightly though.

Seriously, hope you do get to go to Paris. I've been there and love it! I'd probably rather take a cooking class there rather than an art class though.

Smiles,
Cheryl

Tolegranny said...

Excellent day for you Laura. Yes, dream about Paris. Been there several times and it is a city of dreams in itself. Whether you like to paint, cook or into fashion or maybe just sitting an outdoor cafe.....it's all artful.

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

Love her and her dreams. If you don't have dreams the world grows dark. Dream on. She can dance her way to Paris-or use the wings on her head . lol I think you need to get out more, being inside with your imagination exploding could be dangerous. Another lovely creation from Laura for us to enjoy.

rgcarr said...

Love the doll. I am glad that you are on Fd. I am looking forward to it. It's nice to have actual real people that you can meet and talk to, not that internet friends aren't great too, Robin

Dianne said...

The doll is adorable!

Createology said...

Keep your dreams close to your heart and they will come true. Very lovely art doll. Happy creating...

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura! So happy for your and Heather! What a wonderful treat for both of you. It's so good to see the two of you together here! Love the art doll, too! xxoo

thekathrynwheel said...

Love the doll, especially how she is holding on to her ticket! And how nice for you to meet up with your friend :-)
Kate
P.S. In answer to your question on my blog - yes, that's me in the photo. I'm 5'5, aged 42, and have black hair (with a few white bits)mwa ha ha ha! Byeee