Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Mad Tea Party


Tea time

"There was a table set under a tree in front of the house, and the March Hare and the Hatter were having tea at it: a Dormouse was sitting between them, fast asleep, and the other two were using it a as cushion, resting their elbows on it, and talking over its head. Very comfortable said Alice : "only as it's asleep, I suppose it doesn't mind."

This is my second art paper doll I have created inspired by the children's fairytale "Alice in Wonderland" her theme is tea time. She needs to keep an eye on her time. LOL

I have never had the pleasure to sample Lavender tea. So, this is why I picked this favor of tea. I am going to plant some more lavender in my garden this year with the hope of making my own dried lavender blossoms for tea. I was trying to come up with something for on top of her head and the little Character Constructions tea pot was just perfect.
Maybe if you close your eyes tightly she will fly by and share a cup of her lavender tea with you.
Happy Creating.

10 comments:

Tolegranny said...

another great one Laura. Your imagination floors me. Great work. Hope you have a great artful week. I'm still working on my altered book. Got to get that finished...then I might be able to join you in the dolly world...hahaha

Createology said...

Very creative and timely. Happy creating...

Marilyn Rock said...

This is another beauty Laura! Love the tea theme; you are just magical! xxoo

Dezinaworld said...

Mad indeed and what a great collage piece. what fun !!
Hugs June x

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

Charming-truly mad...That is a fish on her head-delightful. So glad you got time to create and share with us a tiny bit of your imagination. I love your tea cup dolls the best. Something happens when you do them.

Debby said...

Love your mad tea party, so creative.
debby

Healing Woman said...

She's great!

Heather Robinson said...

You did it!! You created a tea themed doll....and lavender tea to boot! Let me tell you, you'll be in for a treat when you sip it. She is joyous and full of magic. So glad you spent some artful time yesterday. Loved talking to you, as I always do. Hugs...

Sandy Mastroni said...

ah ... lavender tea ! it is good.
and this doll is wonderful Laura !
Thanks SO much for visiting me and leaving a comment . It is VERY VERY nice to meet you
I'll be back later tonight to look at the rest of your blog and art [with a cup of tea ]

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Alice and her adventures are so inspiring- I love how there's always room for the reader's imagination in the books! And I LOVE this doll- especially her dragonfly wings!