Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Let Your Imagination Soar


Spread your wings and fly
You're probably wondering why I have added this spinning copper arrow to this magical Alice themed house bookmark? Alice was not sure what direction her imagination was running off too, can you see her teal green imagination peeking out from behind her ? LOL Perhaps she will meet for a tea party with the Mad Hatter or chase a white rabbit with a pocket watch in his waist coat pocket. This is the magic of dreams, they are all yours.
Creating this bookmark was a lot of fun, I enjoyed using Tim Holtz's Distress inks. They add such a vintage feeling to your art work. I will use this bookmark in my vintage version of Alice in Wonderland book.

I have a really old version that includes Peter Pan too, two stories in the one book. I was so pleased the day I found this vintage book. I truly enjoy Children's fairy tales, always a happy ending.
Let your imagination soar.

9 comments:

Martina2801 said...

Laura, I am so very delighted to see the Alice bookmark you have created. I love the distress colors and all the pretty details. You have done a fabulous job!

Debby said...

AWESOME!!! You are be creative on such a rainy day!
Debby

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

Alice is a lovely bookmark. Totally delightful as always. Glad you found time to create and to share with us.

Marilyn Rock said...

Oh; I adore this bookmark Laura! You are so creative! But; I knew that! xxoo

Healing Woman said...

I love your bookmark because it is so unusual. I imagine it can be used in any number of ways, haning at window or wall, placed on top of a special stack of books to "keep guard."

Very special!

bockel24 said...

It´s lovely! I should make a special Alice bookmark for my "All about Alice" book, too!

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

This is wonderful, I always enjoy seeing new work from you because it's always so fresh and beautiful. Oh, and I'm a wee bit jealous of your vintage book.....

Paolo&David said...

Alice surely didn't know where fate would lead her and even if at times she was frightened she forged ahead.
I really like the symbolism you've used here.
Uncle Paolo

Shannon said...

I love this "Alice in Wonderland" bookmark/house. It's a bit different than what you usually do and you are just as talented at everything else you do other than Art Dolls.