Wednesday, June 16, 2010

About Life Itself

She says her head feels heavy.
I have not had a lot of creative time lately. Sometimes life gets to busy and art creating has to be put aside. It is such a comfort when you can find creative time.
I wanted to create an art paper doll with a larger head than her body. The reason why is because sometimes your head just feels to heavy for your body. Your mind is so full of thoughts and emotions. The added wings are to help all those heavy thoughts fly away. LOL (don't we wish, it was that easy) The flowers on her forehead are so precious and delicate like life itself. The stain glass window was fun to use as her main body part and curtains on the bottom of the window are just to be different. The arms and legs are from Character Constructions, the legs were along the same pattern idea as the window. I find myself using the same colors a lot but they work well for me. It is fun to make change, I will have to work on my colors choice's in the future. I love change so I have to work on some new color combinations in my art work. What are your favorite color combinations in your art work these days ?
Happy creating.

14 comments:

Healing Woman said...

Yes, and one of the problems of working on your artwork at "home" is that everyone thinks you aren't working at all. That is why they ask for favors like, "Can you do this or that?" They think you have nothing but time since you are at "home." That's why our heads get large and lopsided...LOL Good subject choice!

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow, yes, I know that feeling all too well! Another lovely piece. Is that a Teesha Moore head? I love the way you combine the head with the stamps. I also love your colour combos. I don't have a particular colour combo fave - I just like BRIGHT!

Createology said...

Love your post today because we can all relate to feeling overwhelmed. I think attaching wings to our heads is a really good idea. My current colors of choice are pink, lilac, yellow and green. Must be a summer theme like lemonade, watermelon, popcicles and bubble gum. YUM! Happy creating...

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

I had always wondered why I dreamed of my head being huge. Nice doll.
Colors I am working in Yellow and a teal.
Her thoughts can fly away-wish.
So tired I am going to get inspired to. Thanks.

Debby said...

Great post Laura!!! I think I am overwhelmed on a day to day basis..lol..Another beautiful doll.
debby

SOiNTOiT said...

I'm inspired by pink and orange with a lovely soft yellow....go figure! Lovely lady, yes, sometimes that's how my head feels.

Tolegranny said...

Looking good Laura.

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura; this is wonderful. Your words express, so much, of what I am thinking often. No exception here. Life does get overwhelming at times. Thinking of you always....Marilyn xxoo

Tuire Flemming said...

Oh yes! My head has been lately a bit bigger because there are so much I want to do... I have joined a finnish cardmakers site:
http://koukussakortteihin.ning.com/
(Koukussa Kortteihin = Hooked on Cards) and started working there in a design team and running an own group there, and now I´m also preparing a little exhibition, and I´d like to make ATCs... and so much more so that I´ve been lately quite lazy with blogging.
Your paperdoll is again wonderful! Lovely posting!
Hugs from Finland :) -Tuire

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

This is gorgeous and speaks so truly of never having time to do all those things we wish to do......I LOVE it! (I want some wings too.....)
BTW, you should enter this at Inspiration Avenue- the theme this week is "Wish"- I think it fits perfectly!
http://inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com/

Susan Williamson said...

What a brilliant post. I could relate to it 100 per cent. The interesting thing is when you go with what you're feeling - even when it's a struggle - you end up with a great piece of art. Loved it. Love your dolls.

Martina2801 said...

Oh,Laura! Such wonderful piece and the Tesha Moore head is perfect!
I love the richness of your art. Well done :)
Cheers
MARTINA xxx

Carole said...

this is great & all of your blog ! :)

SOiNTOiT said...

Laura...I have to confess that this piece:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_j0Ucmp2-KZQ/TB0QVhL23AI/AAAAAAAAAZY/C7HRWI1iTtE/s1600/DSCN3125.JPG
was actually inspired by your "About Life Itself". I'll explain...I kept thinking about how heavy her head felt and wondered what my head felt like when I was in my creative mode and how could I possibly portray it. Thanks for the inspiration. I definitely had fun playing! :) Pam