Friday, June 25, 2010

Flying Flower

Tonight I created this art paper doll while watching the intense and powerful movie Lovely bones. What a unique movie...
I tried to add a very whimsical feeling to this funky little spirit. She is a delicate butterfly the flying flower. I love adding artful eyes, the reason why ? It is the make up artist in me that has to create dramatic eyes and lips. LOL I have always thought fish net stockings were so cool.
The main art doll parts are from Character Constructions fabulous clear stamps collection.
Watch closely in the night stars, you might get a glimpse of her fluttering wings.
Maybe she lost her boot flying...
Happy creating.

9 comments:

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Oh I love it! A fabulous-magical-fairytale doll, fantastic I'm delighted.
Wish you a nice weekend,
hugs Anja

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

What a cool doll! Loving it! Patsy from
HeARTworks

sharon said...

She is awesome....love her spirit!

Tolegranny said...

Another awesome example of the wonderful talent you have.

nancy Gene Armstrong said...

She is a grand doll. I am working on an idea for a dool. Now to find time....you totally inspire me..

The Artful Paper Doll said...

Hi Laura,

I love those funky character construction stamps although I don't actually own any . . . yet. (tee hee ;)

What a pleasure to come and have a look at your dolls. They speak to me because of all the dramatic touches you add to them. I will look out for her to grace the night sky sometime.

Thanks for sharing another glorious artful doll with us.

Hugs! =D
~Kitty Kellie

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Is that why I always react to your eyes and lips? I know that they're usually right up there with my fave bits of your work. And, I too am a sucker for fish net- are you a child of the 80's like moi? Oh, and those mismatched shoes are the perfect finishing touch:)

Marilyn Rock said...

This is wonderful Laura! xxoo

In the Light of the Moon said...

I just recently watched that movie,through my fingers as they covered my face..It was a beautiful yet heartbreaking story.Funny how things move us to create..Your paper doll is soaring higher and higher,inspiring the rest of us along the way.Warmest Regards,Cat