Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Funky Time

Time the thief of life
I find myself thinking a lot about time. I know the older you get the faster it goes...
Sometimes you find yourself wishing you could go back in time or into the future. My inspiration for this art paper doll was from all these thoughts on my mind.
I wanted to create an out of the box funky "has it going" dress, using Character Constructions art stamps. Using bright bold colors in your art work, always feels so positive. The butterfly on her forehead just makes her such a funky gal.
Time, time and time... LOL

11 comments:

Brit said...

very cool!

thekathrynwheel said...

OOOh fab-u-lous! I LOVe the bright funky colours on the dress :-)
Beautiful work! Kate

Marilyn Rock said...

This is amazing Laura! She is funky but in an artistic way. I love your thoughts and the fact you can express them through your lovely art! You are magical my friend! Love ya - Marilyn xxoo

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

OK, you've done it again- created ANOTHER doll I love- the colors, her expression and all the layers of detail are fabulous! So, WHEN are you opening your Etsy shop- I *really* think you should do it soon- I see all these gorgeous creations flying out the door as holiday and "just because" gifts!

sharon said...

I love her headpiece, and her inner personality showing through brightly!
Incredible!!

Martina2801 said...

This is incredible, dear Laura! I love everything about it. WOW!!!!!

Tolegranny said...

I love how you think and apply it to your dolls. Brillant!

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

Great Time Piece.

Shannon said...

Wow, your followers have really shot through the roof. That's amazing! I'm so happy they all figured out how talented you were and decided to follow you. Your dolls somehow seem to get better and better just when I think you can't outdue what you've already done. Your wonderfully, amazingly talented and I adore you.

Debby said...

Hi Laura,
Happy Canada Day!!! I haven't had time to visit my fav blogs, can't keep up but all of your new creations are fabulous.
Debby

JanuskieZ said...

Hi... Looking ways to market your blog? try this: http://bit.ly/instantvisitors