Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Pretty Fly

I love paper dolls
I pick the prettiest part of the sky and I melt into the wing and then into the air, till I'm just soul
on a sunbeam-Richard Bach
This art paper doll was a creative challenge. I started out with these rubber stamps, the whimsical tea cup, birdcage and this interesting coil spring. It is always a mystery what your finished art piece will be, I always wonder when I begin ? That is what I enjoy about creating art it never gets boring...
Happy creating.

10 comments:

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

OH so FUN! I love the little doll tucked under her arm :)

Healing Woman said...

She really is whimsical! I always love the socks you give your dolls The beautiful quote by Richard Bach was moving.

Marilyn Rock said...

Gorgeous and so creative - always! xxoo

Tolegranny said...

What a creative mind you have. Love that coil.

thekathrynwheel said...

Oooh I LOVe the spring! Fabulous! How creative :-)

In the Light of the Moon said...

Such a fun and creative doll.You are so right about art being fun...sometimes i have to walk away when its not fun...then I can come back,refreshed and eager.Warmest Regards,Cat

Martina2801 said...

WOW!!!!!Laura...this is awesome...gorgeous work and fantastic piece of art!

bockel24 said...

Wow, it´s great! What a fun idea to use the coil spring!

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

Somewhere over the rainbow. She is just so neat. I wish I had time today to create a doll. Maybe tomorrow. For now I can enjoy your little lady and dream of the fun I can have. Thanks for the inspiration.

Debby said...

Laura, this one is just so awesome and fun.
Debby