Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Splashes Of Color

I like this background better, the one below takes away from the art paper doll I think.
What destination is your life compass taking you ?


The theme for this art paper doll started with her main focus doll body part, a compass.(Tim Holtz, Mask)
I was thinking how your life is always changing and going in new directions. Sometimes really positive or not what you were wishing for at all. Lately I am reminded to make everyday count and enjoy it.

As I have mentioned before you can create so many different art dolls if you have these Character Constructions unique arms and legs. I enjoy starting with these doll parts and then let my imagination fly. LOL

I had this old photograph I purchase from our local antique market awhile ago, I just adore Betty. Suddenly looking at the vintage photograph, I remembered the movie "Who Framed Rodger Rabbit" . That is where my idea came from to add my funky art doll "Splashes Of Color" to these black and white famous vintage pin ups. Creating is so magical, you never know what direction your imagination will take you.

It is a curiouser and curiouser our art journeys and perhaps think of six impossible things before breakfast. Can you guess the amazing DVD I just purchased with the words I am using above ? I just love Alice in Wonderland, just a fabulous movie.
I added another version of the art doll with a different background. I am not sure which back ground works best for her ? What do you think, maybe the stars is the winner.

The theme for this art paper doll was all about your destiny ...
Life is a big canvas throw all the paint on it you can - Danny Kaye.
Happy Creating.

9 comments:

Healing Woman said...

Laura I love this one and the saying of Danny Kaye. "LIfe is a canvas, throw on all the paint you can." So true. You certainly do! The clock in center is wonderful as is the vintage photo in the background of Betty Grabel. Great job!

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

WOW! Thought I would check to see if you were able to create a little lovely and WOW! There was a splash of color here and another splash there...and...Love her. The background is so you...This doll knows her direction she wants to go in life.I have really no doubt about that.
Thank you for another great doll.

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura; very inspirational here! Love how you incorporated everything! Brilliant! xxoo

Meri Wiley said...

Hi Laura,

I really like the clock face in the middle, really cool! I like both backgrounds, for different reasons, but the top one definately shows off the doll better.

Hugs,
Meri

Marjolein said...

Awesome!!!
Love the way your artdolls look, so different all the time, gotto check out those stamps..... I here my wallet crying already:-)

take care!
xx

In the Light of the Moon said...

I'm loving your new doll...and the compass is just perfect.I agree with you as I also believe our journey comes across so many forks in the road.I'm also trying my best to enjoy every minute of it.Warmest Regards,Cat

Oxana said...

Amazing work!!!!!!

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

I LOVE this doll and the touch of Steampunk-ish-ness that the compass adds! And curiously enough, guess which movie I have playing for my son right now......:) I LOVE that movie too!

Susan Williamson said...

What you do with art dolls and Character Constructions stamps is just magical. Has Barb seen this one and the others on previous blogs? In my opinion, this would make a fabulous workshop.