Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Time Flies

Time flies on restless pinions-constant never ~Fredrich Schiller
The theme for this art paper doll is all about time.
If you had three wishes, would you wish for all the time in the world ? Lately the days just fly by and I know the older you get the faster time goes. LOL
At first I added the blue wire for a funky fashion statement and then it looked like she was capture in time maybe ? When I look at her again she looks like a "Diva Time Traveller" with her companion the pet raven. What is her story, who is she...
All the doll parts are from Character Constructions except the groovy blue head. I used the color combination of blue, teal, tan, lime green and purple. I add the tan pencil crayon because I have a habit of getting my colors too dark. I love dark colors and the tan keeps the balance for me.
I had fun creating blue hair and blue lips for this paper doll. Dare to be different, live well.
Make every day count.

10 comments:

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

WOW, I love the blue on her, and the butterfly and timepiece just makes her POP! I think this might be my new favorite!

Healing Woman said...

Thank you for asking about the three wishes. Mine would be the usual ones that almost everyone wants.
l. Peace in the world
2. Good health for all family members
3.To contribute something extremely important to society/humanity before I pass on.

Thanks for making me think about these things this early in the morning.LOL. The blue haired gal is awesome!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Tolegranny said...

I just don't know how you find a story to tell about the dolls. It's brillant.

CathWren said...

Hello again sweetie! I wanted to share this with you and all you lovely Canadian girls, there is going to be a fabulous show at The Art Gallery of Toronto. It has been here in the US too, but unfortunately I missed it. It's going to you all next. It's called Playing with Pictures, The Art of Victorian Photocollage. If you miss the show, check out the books on Amazon. The work is whimsical and surreal, and great fun. I think it's right up your alley Laura! XoXo ~ C.

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

Time time time -It is always a great subject as we deal with to much time on our hands and then not enough time. Your doll rocks. I think she has time for everything.

thekathrynwheel said...

I LOVe your new creation and I so agree with you on the time issue. There's never enough time .... and time does fly by as you get older. Love the blue and the wire and the little clock. Fabulous! kate

Debby said...

You have done it again, I love this one, so unique and creative.
Debby

Sharon said...

Laura, you are so creative with all you paper dolls. The joy you get from makeing them shines right through.

Ms. Givens said...

Her expression reminds me of my little friend Mahayla.

Marilyn Rock said...

Love the blue!!! Just another sign of your creativity! xxoo