Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Astounding Time

Today I heard a very powerful thought, I wanted to share with you.
Do you feel you have chose a fight against life or to live at peace with life.
It is all up to you what direction your life journey travels I am trying to focus on the friendly life suggestion. This has given me a lot to think about "a new way to look at life". Stop fighting all these inner self battles and move on. Sometimes it is such a struggle to find true happiness.
I wanted to add some funky elements to this Character Constructions art paper doll. Polars bears are suppose to be white but I wanted my little peeking bears to be purple.LOL It is the magic of creating art, the choice's are endless.
Wishing you a peaceful day.

7 comments:

In the Light of the Moon said...

Fun Fun Fun..I love your Purple Polars..and yes..a friendly life,full of gratitude..thats what I choose.Big Hugs,Cat

thekathrynwheel said...

I love the birdcage for a waist! And I always love the stories that go alongside your art. 'Choose your battles' is something I have to remind myself of often :-)

Healing Woman said...

Her posture and the position of her hands makes her look like she is making that exact statement. "Which way do you choose to go?" She has real stature and you can tell she speaks her mind but in an intelligent, non aggressive way.

Love her!

sharon said...

I think you do a wonderful job at creating magical art, and you are always so positive Laura, you picked a perfect way of life for yourself!

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

I love the way she is weighing her choices......"choosing my battles" is something I personally have been struggling with daily- and this is the perfect illustration of that dilema.
xoxo

Meri Wiley said...

Hi Laura,

The polar bears are cute, but those shoes are hilarious.....love em'. As I've mentioned in the past, I've got a couple of Catherine's sets of stamps, I'm sure you've got everything she ever made, but unfortunately they are quite out of my price range as a set. If they were sold individually, I could then get those leg/shoe stamps and have fun with them. Keep creating such lovely dolls.

Hugs,
Meri

Martina2801 said...

Laura, this piece is just brilliant, fantastic, totally awesome, wow, what more can I say. Love it.