Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Be Yourself

If you want others to believe in you, you must believe in yourself first.
Have you ever felt like creating something a little different ? I feel that my days are just the same daily routine, creating art work never feels this way. It is a great escape from the normal routine.
I created this background using my fan brush and then dragging my bone folder to make textured lines. I combined turquoise,purple and brown to create this background.
I had to giggle when I showed this finished art doll to my husband. He replied to me saying she is you as he laughed. I said is my hair that big and full of secrets ? hahahahaha
Have a super day.

6 comments:

Martina2801 said...

Dear Laura,
this is so gorgeous and eyecatching! I love your creations!!!!!!
Thank you for visiting and leaving so kind comments on my blog! I always enjoyed looking at your outstanding work here!
You are so inspiring!
Cheers
MARTINA :-)

thekathrynwheel said...

Brilliant! I love the super-sized head on this one! And I always love your wise words :-)

sharon said...

HA! Laura....I do see the resemblence here..lol!! You know I am kidding! You are as sweet as this doll though, and I don't know about your hair, but I know you hold many secrets!! Fabulous one!!

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Ah, a head full of secrets and ideas and dreams, yes that does sound a bit like you....and I LOVE the background you made, beautiful color combination!

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura; this is my new favorite! I adore her! Your background is wonderful - brilliant. WOWSA! xxoo Marilyn

Tolegranny said...

This is so great. Love, love it.