Monday, September 6, 2010

Magic In The Air

Walk Like An Egyptian

It is simply very clear ,

Like music drifting in the air

Invisible but everywhere .

Just because I cannot see it

Doesn't mean I can't believe.

This is an art doll I created for a September Witch Swap I have joined. I used the new die cut crinoline from Character Constructions, I trimmed it a bit shorter than the actually size. I really like how you can have different things peeking through the die cut. I stamped the crinoline image under the die cut and left it longer for a funky fashion look. This was my first time to play with the die cut and I love it. "endless possibilities"

Do you remember that song ? I think it was by the group the Bangles. LOL

Happy Creating...


10 comments:

Healing Woman said...

What a cute witch. I love the idea that you can peek through the die cut and find mysterious items. I knew you'd be having a lot of fun with your new toy!

Meri Wiley said...

Hi Laura,

Thank you again for your offer of stamping for me, I can't wait to see what you send me.

I love how you used the die-cut and the stamped image together. Making it short was a great idea, too. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Meri

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

Laura has spun her magic once again. Laura I LOVE HER. She is styling. This doll has the magic.

Createology said...

How fun for Halloween this is. I love the Cat in the Hat addition. Happy week to you...

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

I love this first doll you've greated with your new toys- she's fabulous! As always, I like the entire pice but the things that stand out the most to me are the cat on her shoulder and that awesome spinner under the lettering. Of course, there's also the way you repeated the vine element, and her mismatched shoes........k, I'll just leave off with, I LOVE it!

Marilyn Rock said...

What a sweet witch for sure! Love the pose on her in your picture; I can see her moving to the song and I do remember that "Walk like an Egyptian...." :)

You're so creative - but I've always known that. Thank you for your sweet comments on my Zentangles! Hope all is well and I do miss you!

Love, Marilyn xxoo

paperbird said...

Your witch is awesome!

An Evolving Artist @ Swallowcliffs.blogspot.com/ said...

Love all you paper dolls, and the zentangle stuff too. I am with Janet... teach us teach us!

Tolegranny said...

You are so fun to watch create, so fun to listen to...you make my heart sing. You make me want to dream your dreams. You are so creative. Great doll.

JoAnne said...

Hi Laura,
I'm so happy you stopped by today! Yea, another paper doll afficionado! Love your dolls and am happily following you now also.
Hugs,
JoAnne