Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Art Begins With A Vision

Begin to see life within every object

I usual gathering my art ideas on my daily walk and then my art vision comes to me what to create. The creative mind is fascinating.

I wanted to answer a question one of my followers mentioned to me. Character Constructions are the art stamps in the picture with me in my most resent posting. They are created by art designer Catherine Moore. I use these stamps to create my art paper dolls. I hope this answers your question, they are so awesome to create with.

I had such fun creating this art doll. I added her to a tag so I could hang her up somewhere, to enjoy. The tag has a fragrance of Cinnamon and coffee and is stained with coffee grinds. The eye is my main focus because my theme is vision.

I used the new die cut crinoline skirt from Character Constructions for this art doll, it is so neat to create with. I stamped the original crinoline skirt under the die cut skirt. I love how you can see the color under the die cut and you can tie ribbon to the die cut. I used patterned paper for this die cut skirt design.

Let your vision fly..

Happy creating.


20 comments:

stregata said...

Just gorgeous!

*jean* said...

o she is beautiful! i love the colors and the key is perfect!!

Sherry said...

She's great and what a good idea to put on her a tag for hanging and enjoying.

Marilyn Rock said...

She is absolutely lovely Laura! And; thanks for sharing your trip to the Art House Studio - wonderful! xxoo

Healing Woman said...

I love the color under the dye-cut skirt. Bet she smells wonderful too!

Tolegranny said...

very cute Laura... I like the like colours on this one.

Jaime Haney aka ArtsyFartsy.Me said...

There is so much detail to her, she is beautiful

Brit said...

This is fantastic! I like her key! :)
You are so talented! Your mind and soul is full of such imagination and spirit! <3

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

I LOVE your vision- and the eye is awesome too! Also the halequin pattens on her slacks, the way you did the tag, and the colors you used- shall I go on........? Let's just leave it at- she's my new fave!

Martina2801 said...

She`s so fantastic, Laura!! I have no words enough to say how I love her!

Meri Wiley said...

Hi Laura,

I'm still lovin' that die-cut skirt. I also love the colors you use, and I like the eye in the center for vision.....really innovative. I don't remember if I asked or not, but could you cut some of those out for me, too, in the stamped stuff you're doing for me? I'd love to try something with that die-cut skirt.

Hugs,
Meri

roc said...

she is great! i can almost smell the cinnamon!

Christy Laudig said...

Love the eye....eyes are my favorite and I adore your work, as always.

Hugs!

yogiknitgirl said...

Love your blog...so glad I found it. Your work is so inspiring!

Kristin Dudish said...

I love that this piece smells as good as it looks!

Nancy said...

A great card and smells good too....a winning combination....Love the idea that you get your inspiration while walking.....

Regan said...

well Hello right back...was great to meet you too...wow you have some funky creations..nice stuff!!

Elle Kasban said...

Beautiful. Your art speaks a language in and of itself! Elle

thekathrynwheel said...

Where are you?! Missing your blog posts :-(
Everything ok?

Lillian M said...

I LOVE this new doll Laura
but i love everything you do
Lillian
Lillian Mederak.

http://www.canadianscraptramp.blogspot.com/