Monday, November 29, 2010

Stay Gold

Nothing Can Stay Gold
By Robert Frost
Nature's first is gold.
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's flower ;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to grief.
So Eden sank to grief.
So down goes to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
Inspiration comes from some many different ideas and thoughts.
Who doesn't adore the famous movie "The Outsiders".
A trip down memory lane.
As Johnny dies, he tells Ponyboy to "Stay Gold" urging Ponyboy to hold onto his innocence despite the harsh conditions of his world.
Lately I have been seeing a lot of artistic recycled clothing and they are so creative. This is where the idea came from, for this Character Constructions art paper doll dress. This little diva is such a free spirit and I enjoy going barefoot too. LOL
Happy creating.
P.S. I created with thoughts of you B, I hope you enjoy this.
Always "Stay Gold"... such words to live by.

5 comments:

Marilyn Rock said...

Your art really expresses your inner feelings and I thank you for sharing them with us. This is awesome! As are YOU! xxoo

Healing Woman said...

The inspiration behind this little doll is wonderful. "Stay Gold." Such good advice. I also love the music you have playing at your blog right now. It's funny, my post is about gold too~of a sort. You and I often overlap our ideas and feelings in totally different ways..which is what is so wonderful about art.

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

She is golden=love her outfit. Adorable-shine on tiny dancer...

Tolegranny said...

I love these last two dolls. Awesome. I think I love these the best now.

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

I think this my new favorite! As always, I love all the layers of detail you add in and I especially like how her feet are bare! You stay gold too!