Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Artful Corsets

To put on a corset is as much of an art as to make a corset properly.
Anna Held


These art doll corsets make me remember the first time I seen Catherine Moore's Character Constructions designs. I had never see any stamped images like these, when I started rubber stamping. They were so out of the box and magical.

You proberly have notice, I enjoy adding eyes to my art work ? They represent true vision in my creative mind. The mirror's to the soul... Beautiful.

Winter's butterflies are here...

8 comments:

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

Up early sipping some coffee and checking out the new art. I like that it has so much to say without a face or head. LOL They are lovely and those neat hangers. Such pretties straight from the closet. I really like this whole set. It has inspired me once again to look at my stamps a little different.

Healing Woman said...

Another creative doll collage. The corsets are wonderful. Makes me want to play paper dolls again or bring back just one of those memorable days. I really think paper dolls helped us become artists.

Janet Ghio said...

Winters butterflies--like the idea of that. Love the corsets!

CathWren said...

Delightful! ~ XoXo

sharon said...

These do remind me of paper dolls as a kid, and we could interchange them with different heads and legs!
These are very special Laura, as is all of your art!
And your thought process is brillant and fascinating!
Hugs!

Marilyn Rock said...

Fabulous Angel Laura! xxoo

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

These are SO cool, Laura- I love them and as always those extra snippets of detail you add in makes them all the more special! I had noticed the eyes and really enjoyed hearing the "story" behind them :)

roc said...

omg...LOVE those little hangers!!