Monday, December 27, 2010

Mermaid Couture


She runs the gamut from meek and docile to confident and strong-willed

A legendary sea creature having a head and upper body of a women and the tail of a fish. Powerful and highly fashionable styling the latest Mermaid Couture.

Folklore legend shares, I evolved from a Goddess. I was blessed with beauty and medical knowledge. Beware mortal man if you fall in love with me and accept me.

I will drag you under water and drown you. I quite often forget you are mortal man.

What to say about Mermaids...

This is my first creation from Catherine Moore's newest January 2011 design collection "She Sells Seashells by the Seashore". There are so many endless possibilites creating with these beautiful magical mermaids. I am so excited, I love anything related to the sea. I am an Aquaruis, so that explains my fascination with the sea. I love the colors of the water and the mysterious sea creatures.

Have you heard that mermaids sing to each other, they can be seen at:

http://www.characterconstructions.com

Happy Magical Creating...

9 comments:

Marilyn Rock said...

She is incredible! Love her! xxoo

Createology said...

Love love love this mermaid and her fabulous couture. This might be the beginning of quite a fashion collection :o)
Happy week ahead...

Nancy Gene Armstrong said...

WOW!!! THis is a Mermaid out to catch her a man. Warnings need to be posted...one hot little number.You have out done yourself once again.
I told Catherine the mermaids in Louisiana would not be a thing like the Canada ones. It is a snow thing I am sure. LOL The warmer water mermaids are not as styling.

Manon Doyle said...

hey, Laura!! I just read your comment on my blog. Thank you so much for your lovely compliment. You work is very inspirational. I'm very impressed.
Btw....I have just recently moved back to Ottawa and am excited to continue my artistic pursuits here.
Happy New Year!! xo

Martina2801 said...

This Mermaid is so gorgeous, dear Laura!

Hope you had a magical Christmas! I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful art in 2011.
Happy New Year to you and yours.
Hugs
MARTINA xxoo

Healing Woman said...

Fabulous! I googled mermaids just the other day. The stories are fascinating as is your wonderful paper art doll. Happy New Year's Laura!

Lindart said...

Love your mermaids Laura! I got two Character Construction stamp sets for Christmas this year, bringing my total to 4. I love them and want more!!! LOL!

Hobby Hobbs said...

Must find sometime for Art Dolls, love all I see.

sharon said...

Love all the blues and greens in these Laura, so beautiful just like the sea! Your work is always so gorgeous and makes me daydream!