Monday, April 4, 2011

Nurture Your Inner Child

Here are some of the completed art dolls from my April Doll-a-mania workshop at Bizzy B's in Toronto, including my created art doll.
All so hard at work creating their unique art paper dolls, such a awesome group of talented artists.
Barb, me and Betty my art doll winner


I asked myself, why would grown women like myself want to play with paper dolls and to answered, to nurture their inner child. ~ Catherine Moore



The theme for this months Doll-a-mania workshop at Bizzy B's was "Spread Your Wings And Let Your Imagination Fly".


I have to be honest when this workshop was completed I felt a little sad that it was over. I had enjoy all the special shared moments and I will treasure them always.


I can't wait till the next workshop in June, it will be here before we know it. All I can say is creating Character Constructions art dolls rock.



I wanted to mention a big thank you, to my sweet friend Cynthia for the lovely Doll-a-mania workshop blog posting.


You inspire me and make me want to try harder...


http://www.cynfulcreationscanada.blogspot.com


Happy creating.


9 comments:

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Such lucky ladies to have talented you as their instructor! I know they were thrilled and had a blast!
Hugs,
Stephanie

Sherry Edwards said...

It looks and sounds like a wonderful workshop - I never tire of making paper dolls and the CC stamps are just fab!

Martina2801 said...

Oh, I could be really envious .... you as an Art Instructor! .... What I would give for it?
The Paper Dolls are to die for. So beautiful, dear Laura!

peggy gatto said...

oh what fun!!!

Ann said...

wish I could have been there..everyone looks like they are having a fabulous time...such fun!

Marilyn Rock said...

Lucky students! Looks and sounds wonderful Laura. You were meant to teach and share your creative side! xxoo

Healing Woman said...

This class had to be so much fun. I love seeing the dolls all lined up. Paper Art Dolls-the greatest and you look fabulous too!

CathWren said...

What a great project!! I love dolls that can stand up. And this one is really exceptional. Beautiful work as always. XoXo

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

Hi Laura, thanks so much for mentioning my blog on yours! We did have a(nother) wonderful time at the Bizzy B class, didn't we? Hopefully there will be many more.

A big hug from
Cynthia