Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012 Calendar Collaborative Project


Might I Have A Bit Of Earth ?



A couple of months ago I was asked to participate in a 2012 Calendar Collaborative project. Chris Capista is the organizer and the theme was Catherine Moore's Character Constructions stamps. http://www.characterconstructions.com/




The way it worked was Chris picked the calendar theme. Next Catherine selected 12 artists to participate. We each were assigned one month and had to create a 8.5 x 11 portrait calendar page using Catherine stamps. We made 11 copies of your finished calendar page and send them to the other 11 participate. My month was June and is my above is my calendar page.




I want to say thank you to Chris and Catherine, this was such a positive creative experience. The calendar pages I have received so far are just so unique and beautiful. I have truly enjoy being apart of this project and can't wait for the rest of my calendar pages to arrive in the snail mail.




I had a blast creating my calendar page, my theme idea was creativity and Mother Earth.




If you want to view the other Artists completed calender pages, they are posted on talented Connie's blog.






Happy creating.


6 comments:

NancyGeneArmstrong said...

What a very nice project. Your page does have a very positive feel.You really made this page your own -it is your great style. Love it.

sharon said...

It is natural and perfect you would be called to this project....you are outrageously creative and extremely talented and I just LOVE everything you do! It is a wonderful spread Laura!
Hugs!

connie said...

I love your calendar page Laura and all your paper doll art! What a fun project this was. What a great start to the New Year...Cheers!

Purpletreebird said...

This is gorgeous! You've made a lovely job of this. I'm off to check out the others now. :)
Jess x

Marilyn Rock said...

What a fun project Laura and so artistic - love it! xxoo

Tolegranny said...

What a great project. Love, love your page.