Friday, January 20, 2012

Vision And Curiosities

Rare, strange or novel




Vision is the power of imagination and curiosities are never ending.


~ Laura Haviland




I forgot how much I enjoy creating with swirls and I was so inspired visiting a fabulous talented friends blog.




My imagination ran away creating with this cabinet from newest "The BeeKeeper's collection. I was captured with the idea to create this art paper doll because of my daughter's passion. Her top favorite children's movie is Beauty and the Beast. Once upon a time the servants of a young Prince's castle are enchanted into inanimate objects by a Sorceress and the story begins ...



My imagination took flight .


Oh what tiny hidden secrets, lie within those cabinet's drawers.

A little hint... maybe more wings ...very possible.




Happy Creating.

8 comments:

nancyGeneArmstrong said...

Yes it did-your imagination had a wonderful flight to a place of fantasy-love it all top drawer stuff.

Marilyn Rock said...

Beautiful Laura! Good to see you creating again.

Love the new stamp line, too! xxoo

Healing Woman said...

This little doll could well be my favorite of yours. I love the mysterious drawers and the soft, mellow colors. She is truly unique.

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

LOVE the idea of all the secrets contained within these drawers- wonDERful work as always!
xo
Stephanie

Tuire said...

This cabinet lady with all her little secrets is really fabulous!
Lovely week to you!
Tuire xx

sharon said...

Your art and creativity blows my mind sweet friend! I adoooore this, really looooove!

Anonymous said...

Laura, I love it! How fun and whimsical!
Chris C

Brit Haviland said...

This reminds me of the Chest of Drawers in Beauty and the Beast a little bit :]