Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Artful Soul

Create A Story..


Everyone has a story to share in their life and journal pages are a great way of sharing a little piece of yourself.



I tried something new that has been a little struggle for me. Artist Teesha Moore suggests cutting magazine images and adding them to your art work. I finally cut a magazine, I felt like it was a rule that I was breaking somehow. lol I really enjoyed creating my own fashion from the outfits offered in the magazine's.What a blast to mix and match the clothing, to make it your own. I added the color using my watercolor pencils to the jacket. She had to have a stripped neck because it is just fun.



This journal page shares the thought, it is all up to you !!! It is the path you follow for yourself.


Everything can be better. You can leave well enough alone or make it better.



I am myself ...an artful soul.



Happy creating.

7 comments:

connie said...

That's a cool piece...love it!

Sophie's Art said...

Wow, Laura...
this is very great and cracy art.
I love your art :-)

greeetings from Germany

NancyGeneArmstrong said...

A very good start on journaling. I really like the background colors. NIce job Miss Artful Soul!

Martina2801 said...

Dear Laura, this is fantastic! What a great inspiration piece!

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Oh she is wonDERful- I especially love the one eye and the striped neck!
I've missed you, sweet friend!
Stephanie

los angeles said...

Hey
Creative Whispers
I enjoy your blog!, This unique is just a totally nicely structured posting, I do appreciate the writing
Thank you!

Healing Woman said...

Very cool. Cutting up magazines reminds me of the days when I used to make paper dolls and used models and their clothes. I'm doing things similar now. Nothing new under the sun anymore is there? We are back full circle.

I love the piece you just created. Keep them coming girl!!!