Friday, April 27, 2012

Ms.Aquarella

My first fabric art doll
                                                                   

     A new artful goal for me this year was to learn to  sew...I purchased a second hand sewing machine.  I have been so inspired by a local Canadian artist, who creates primitive unique art dolls. I really admire Melissa's creative style and love the way she stains her fabric.. 
With the help of a my sweet friend Janet who knows her way around a sewing machine , here is my first art doll kitty Ms. Aquarella. I need to purchase something to stuff her with,that is why she looks a little flat.lol 

It is fun to challenge yourself and explore new artful directions. 

Check out Hermit Halo, awesome art dolls. 
Happy creating.
                                                              
                                                                   
                                                                  
                                                                                                                                               
                                                                            

2 comments:

NancyGeneArmstrong said...

I love her-she turned out good. Told you sewing was easy and so much fun. WAY TO GO.

Healing Woman said...

She's so sweet. Can't wait to see what you come up with over the year with your sewing. Watch out! It's addictive!