Tuesday, December 17, 2013

2014 Collaborative Calendar Sneak Peek

Winter~Belle Jardiniere
 A butterfly that dreamed of being a women... 

I wanted to share a sneak peek with you ..
Catherine Moore invited 13 talented artists to create a 2014 Character Constructions calendar. Each artist created a page for each month using their great artful imaginations. My dear friend  brilliant Connie Fong sent our images to a vendor to produce a professional 5x5 spiral bound desk calendar.  It is on the way in the snail mail  and when it arrives I will reveal more magic. 
I am Ms. January and my imagination created a french lavender winter garden featuring a styling steampunk moth butterfly. 
My creative vision~ a musical inspired vintage page. I added lots of lavender ink, antique lace and a purple passion felt snowflake with a pearl in the center. The metal spinner and clock create a steampunk fashion statement, oh can you see the peacock feather on her funky black hat ? I can never get enough of creating with peacock feathers.I enjoy all the colors shared in their glamorous feathers. 
The magic of art creating allows these page characters to survive the wintertime.
No rules when creating your art work.
 lol      
When I receive my desk calendar in about maybe two weeks, I will reveal more created calendar pages to you.
It was such a pleasure to be invited to participate in this creative collaborative event. 
I am still recovering from my recent foot surgery. I have to keep my foot up for a bit so it does not swell. I am not ready to create yet but dreaming of lots of new ideas.
 Maybe I am going through creative withdrawal, I will be back posting soon.

You can see more sneak peaks of the upcoming Character Constructions calendar on wonderful Connie Fong's inspirational blog.
http://www.artfulplay.blogspot.ca

I will return soon..
Merry Christmas to you. 
~~~
Happy creating.

        

4 comments:

connie said...

Creative Laura, I just love your calendar page and your imagination. I'm honored to be in such great company with all of you in this project. I can't wait to see the finished project...I'm very excited each day the mail arrives. Thank you for all your encouragement and support. Good luck with your foot recovery and Happy Holidays!

sharon said...

Sweet Laura, your page is gorgeous, the butterfly transforming into a woman, changing into something NEW!!! Those gorgeous lavender tones, your art is amazing and inspiring! Sending love and hugs to you my friend!

Healing Woman said...

Your page is so creative. Calendars can be a tough sell since they are so 'timely' but I think people will want to keep this one for all the great artwork sure to be included.

Get well very, very soon.

Martina2801 said...

What a gorgeous page, dear Laura!
Merry Christmas to you and yours. Hope you are enjoying a wonderful festive season.
Hugs MARTINA